Monday 25 February 2013

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Original) Review

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Original) Review

I'm one of those people who doesn't give into the hype. But I am also the type that is willing to give a go on things that tend to have mixed reviews - sometimes. Today's review is one that falls in line with the latter.. And that is the Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips.

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Original) Review

Now I really do not like to give negative reviews, but this *is* my blog and if I want to talk about it I have every right to. Aaaaand to put it simply - these were a total disappointment.

Basically, I have been stuck in a bit of a skincare rut lately. I've been trying to get rid of these blackheads on my nose for AGES and nothing has worked. So after seeing these on a couple of blogs and seeing that it worked for some people, I decided to give it a try.

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Original) Review

You get six strips in a pack, which if you ask me is too little for the amount you pay - £7.99! But because I was getting a little desperate in trying to get rid of the pesky buggers, I decided to buy them anyway.

Plus I liked the fact that they were hypo-allergenic - my skin has been a bit on the sensitive side lately, and I didn't want anything aggravating it any further.

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Original) Review

I decided that the best time to use these would be when my pores would be the most open - after a hot shower/bath. I checked on other blogs that had reviewed these and they said they used it then too.

I tried one, aaaaaaand.. well.. it did nothing. It actually stuck to my nose and it irritated my skin. It didn't clear out any of my blackheads at all. My tip of my nose felt a little softer but that's about it.

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Original) Review

Then I gave it another chance a few days later, thinking maybe it was because my nose hadn't been wet enough. Nope. It did the same thing, but there was a little less residue left on my nose than before. Still, my blackheads remained.

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips (Original) Review
A few days later, I tried it again. Guess what? NOTHING HAPPENED. Same again the next time I tried it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, or maybe I'm imagining my blackheads? LOL no, they're definitely there alright, I see them every day (>.>)

Three days after that, I tried it again. This time I took out one black head. ONE. Out of the.. okay I won't tell you how many I have but STILL. ONE?! REALLY?!

(-__________-)

So I got to my fifth one, and.. gosh do I even need to say it. I do? Okay. NOWT HAPPENED. I haven't even bothered trying the last one. I refuse to.

I've never bought something that does absolutely nothing to my skin. I've bought stuff that has made it worse yes, and definitely things that have made it better, but nothing like this. I'm really confused. All it did was hurt when I peeled it off (slowly or otherwise).

Sigh~ I really wanted to like this. I wanted it to work. Clearly this just wasn't for me, because it has worked for a couple of people (although clearly not all!).

You can get these from Boots for £7.99. Although I don't see why you would want to. I would definitely NOT recommend this.

Disclaimer: I bought this with my own money. Unfortunately. (>.>)

10 comments:

  1. I bought Biore Pore Strips from Hong Kong and they work for me. I've never purchased them from the UK so I'm not sure if the way they work differ....?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. It just didn't work for me! :/ x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the poundland/99p store versions instead, which I think are much better (obviously they aren't amazing but you can't really go wrong for £1). £7.99 I think is way too pricey for 6 tiny strips, which clearly aren't doing what they are supposed too =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you there! Really annoyed it didn't work for me - you'd think they would considering their price! Might try some cheaper ones next instead :/

      Delete
  4. The only pore strips I had any luck with were ones from Montagne Jeunesse! I heard good things about these so intrigued to be reading about such a negative experience! I used to always think I just can't work them but realised they're just crap.

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt know MJ did pore strips; will have to check those out! Lol it seems pore strips are a hit or miss kinda thing.

      Delete
  5. Oh no, what a shame, they usually work quite well... I guess you're skin is really clean so you don't need them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I wish xD My nose is blackhead central I'm afraid. Sigh~

      Delete
  6. What a bummer! I've heard a lot of hype about these too but have never tried them.

    I have trouble with blackheads too so once a week I have to do a three-step program. First I rinse my face and apply a clay masque to suck all the gunk up to the surface. Then I use the Alba Botanica Acne Dote scrub (with salicylic acid) to wash my face really well and concentrate on scrubbing where I have blackheads. And then when I'm done washing my face I use a peel-off like the Queen Helene Grape Seed peel-off masque.

    It sounds like a lot of trouble but at least it works for me. I find so many of the "blackhead clearing" washes or masques or other products just don't cut it. And I'm not sure why :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah amazing review I just reviewed this too, i love it. I hope you can check out my beauty blog too xx
    UK Beauty Blogger

    ReplyDelete