Thursday 9 August 2012

Witch Blemish Stick Review

When I was younger, and my skin first started playing up, one of the first things I tried was the Witch Blemish Stick. 

It didn't work for me. At all. But that was because it was the only thing I used. I didn't know that I had to wash my face with a certain cleanser or use a certain cream for my face and I hadn't even heard of the term 'exfoliation'. However, if I had known all that back then, I probably would have been using this for years by now, it is that good!

The Witch Blemish Stick contains Witch Hazel extract, a strong antioxidant and astringent, with the latter being vital in the fight against acne in oily/combination skin, and is a popular ingredient in many skincare items.

witch naturally clear blemish stick

The product itself matches the blue packaging, but applies clear. It's smell is quite strong but fades away after a couple of minutes on the skin. The packaging is sturdy and the screw-on cap ensures that the lid won't pop off and ruin itself if it falls or the contents of your bag.

'Witch Blemish Stick helps to break down excess oils and fights bacteria that cause spots.'

After using it a few times a day for approximately two weeks, I can confirm wholeheartedly that this is true. Excess oil on my T zone has been massively reduced, and on top of that any redness in that area has been toned down quite significantly - always a bonus in my books; I detest the redness around my nose, it makes me feel very self concious and this has helped combat it very well!

witch naturally clear blemish stick


Another thing it claims to do is that it 'gets to work instantly' - and instantly it does! As soon as I apply it to the affected area, my skin feels tingly and even stings a little bit - a sign that it is working, for me atleast. If you have sensitive skin, I'd do a little patch test, and advise you - just like it says on the packaging - to use it with caution.

I find that when applying it to my face, I have to rub it in with my fingers to warm it up a little to make sure it melts completely into my skin. If I just dab it on, it tends to leave my skin flaky and rather tight - not a good look. Trust me on this.. I learnt this the hard way. xD

You can pick up this little beauty at Superdrug for half price (£1.35) at the moment! BargainI recommend you get your hands on it while it's on offer, you won't regret it! (^__^)

Disclaimer: All products were bought with my own money unless stated otherwise. All opinions are my own.

14 comments:

  1. This has been my product of choice for spots for years. My most recent one I left on my desk in front of the window and it MELTED! :( Ha. So I'm trying out Elf's Zit Zapper at the moment. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww pooooooop. Did you ever get another one? I've heard of the Elf one, but never had a chance to try it! x

      Delete
  2. I used to use this all the time when I was younger too! Stung like a bee in my backside though! Lol!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never really used anything for spots, i just let them come and go :/
    i would deffo try this though!

    Found you on the BBU BLog Hop :)
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can yo just let them?! I HAVE to do something about it haha

      Already following you love :) xo

      Delete
  4. I really want to try some of the Witch products especially if they work :) I have nomianted you for a blog award for information check it out here http://prettylitlefashionista.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/another-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should they're on offer atm in Superdrug! Totally recommend this :)

      Thankyou sweetheart, I'll add that to my blogpost list! (^__^) xo

      Delete
  5. love your blog following ! xx follow back ?http://missmakeupalways.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purchased this 4 days ago and I swear I can see a difference on the spots, they look less harsh and flatter. You can see the oil disappear as soon as its placed on the skin. It's still early days but I have high hopes because I am seriously suffering from major break outs right now and feel quite helpless at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! When during the day/at what stage in your skincare routine do you apply this? I just ordered it, in fact I ordered two instead of one by mistake so I hope I love it like you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there^^ I apply it before my moisturiser :) and if I'm not wearing makeup in the day I'll just apply it afterwards whenever I remember too (^__^) hope that helps! xo

      Delete
  8. Love this! I have it too but I lost it:(xo
    Follow me and I’ll follow back. Let me know when you’re done Also, I'd really like it if you were a part of the themed monthly look book on my blog Teeniolect HERE
    Teeniolect
    Teeniolect on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete