Friday 17 August 2012

Face Mask Fridays: Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Self Heating Sauna Mask

Hey everyone! Hope you're having an awesome day. After purchasing a few face masks (and getting hooked on them) I've decided to start a new series where I review a new mask every Friday.

Today's featured mask is the Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Self Heating Sauna Mask. 
Quite a mouthful, I agree :P

Infused with white clay and zinc, this claims to help keep your skin feeling purified for up to 7 days. Recommended for oily/combination skin types, it is designed to deep cleanse, tighten pores, remove impurities and excess sebum, which can clog pores and lead to breakouts.
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Self Heating Sauna Mask
It is divided into two 6ml sachets - one for each application - but I find that you can get at least two applications out of each sachet, depending on how thick you layer the mask on.

Its texture is lovely and creamy; not runny in the least. As for the self heating part, when I applied it to my face, I was expecting it to turn really hot because I was thinking of a the word sauna xD
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Self Heating Sauna Mask
It did however get warm after a few seconds of massaging it in. In terms of temperature, if you breathe onto the back of your hand, that is how warm it tends to get - so nothing too hot or sauna-like!
The warm feeling fades away after a couple of minutes, though.

One thing I've noticed about this is that it doesn't harden like some masks do, and washes off easily. After using it, my skin feels softer, and tauter, but definitely not in an uncomfortable way. I can confirm that it did in fact reduce the shine on my t zone and my face felt less oily than usual for the rest of the day.
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Self Heating Sauna Mask
In regards to the whole keeping your skin clarified for a week thing, I don't think that that is quite true, but it does make your skin feel cleaner than usual for a couple of days. The clay in the mask draws out the oil quite well, and I think it contributed to my face feeling cleaner for longer.

So if you come across this in your local Superdrug, and you have oily/combination skin, I recommend you pick one up! They're £1.29 at the moment at Superdrug so you won't be wasting a lot of money if it doesn't work for you. 

Have you tried this? Or anything similar? This is the first time I have >.<
Let me know if you'd like me to do more face mask reviews! 

Disclaimer: All products were bought with my own money unless stated otherwise. All opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. Ohh i used to use this back in the days, didn't know it was still out! I loved it too, it had a nice smell. Gotta try to find it here too now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you're in luck you can find it on the superdug website too! xo

      Delete
  2. I bought a clay face mask, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I will now! This mask also sounds interesting. I found your blog via the BBU Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really use face masks but this one sounds really nice, I think I might have to give it a go :)

    I blogged about the 'liebster award' earlier & nominated you in it, have a look & answer the questions if you have a chance :)

    http://mystringaling.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/du-bist-mein-leibster.html

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more mask reviews lined up so don't get hung up on one yet :P Aww yay! Thankyou <3 I'll add it to my to-blog-about list! :D

      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Which mask will suit best for acne prone skin?? I have been getting breakouts for quite sometime now, can you please suggest some remedy for it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Anandita! I'll be posting a few facemask reviews over the next few weeks so keep an eye out and you may find one that'll work for you! :o) xo

      Delete
  5. I came across these on the Superdrug website so was looking for a review I will be sure to try them out now !!
    My blog if you would like to have a look and I have followed you :P
    http://sarahharrisonn.blogspot.co.uk/
    sarah xx

    ReplyDelete