Tuesday 7 May 2013

Chitchat - Can someone help me? (T____T)

[ To anyone who is reading this.. If you have a minute, would you mind helping me with something? It's kind of getting to me and I'd love some help from my fellow bloggers. It's kind of hard for me to talk about this because I'm so self conscious about it and I absolutely hate talking about it but I've come to a point where it's affecting me so much I'm actually willing to ask for help now. So please, if you have a moment, please read. Thankyou ♥ ]

Can someone please explain to me why, despite doing everything that needs to be done to prevent spots.. I'M STILL GETTING THEM?

I genuinely do not know why I have them. 

I cleanse, exfoliate, moisturise. I use face masks. 

I drink plenty of water, I don't have dairy (apart from a teeny bit in my tea). I eat healthily. I exercise. I even have supplements specially for my skin. 

I change my pillow case every other night, I wear hijaabs that won't irritate my skin, and I keep my hair out of my face. 

I let my skin breathe any chance I get, I never cake on the makeup and I've stopped using makeup wipes.

SO WHY AM I BREAKING OUT?

Is there anyone out there who is in the same situation as I am? Even my trusty Witch Stick can't handle my skin right now. It's getting to the point where I can't sleep properly because it's getting that painful.

I get the feeling it might be hormonal acne, because it's mainly sore bumps under and around my jaw, chin, the sides of my cheeks and forehead.

But like I said.. I eat healthily and exercise and have given up dairy (which was damn hard to do, because I bloody love my cheese!), and I've read that all these things affect hormonal acne so I don't get why my skin is breaking out like it's getting paid to do so?!

If you have any advice, any blog posts that will help me, please comment below. I'm willing to try anything right now.. it's painful and I hate it. If anyone can help me, please do. I'd appreciate it very much. ♥

11 comments:

  1. *hugs* try Dr Hauschka cleansing clay mask or Garnier acne treatment..can't remember the name but its a blue bottle..let me know how you get on. I hope they work for u xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aliya :) *hugs back* thanks for the tip. I'll look out for them. I think I saw the Dr Hauschka mask on the Superdrug website.. I'#ll check it out after my exams :) Thankyou again! I appreciate it very much ♥

      Delete
    2. Try Holland&Barrett for Dr Hauschka they have a better range pricey but worth it and the Garnier one is a clay mask xx <3

      Delete
    3. I think I know which clay mask you're on about (It broke me out, I've reviewed it on my blog~) but I'll look out for the Dr Hauschka one definitely^^

      Delete
  2. It deffo sounds like hormonal acne. I have this occasionally but it's really annoying and I get you! what you're telling here, I had this about 5 months back and I have it again after that time. It's hormonal acne. Avoid eating nuts. I have dairy almost everyday and that doesn't affect me but if I eat nuts of any type, I pay the price the next day!
    I asked my doctor too and she said said that sometimes particular hormone levels rise up than the other which causes this. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arghh. I'm sorry to hear you have it too. :( I don't think nuts affect mine, I can go weeks without eating them and then eat them for weeks again and my skin will be the same. Maybe it;'s something else I'm eating :/ Might go to the docs! Thanks for the comment though, I'll go look up if nuts affect skin. it might be that, I can be abit absent minded and not notice sometimes! x

      Delete
  3. Have you started using any new face products (cleansers, creams etc.) recently? Sometimes a new product can cause this type of acne and when I stop using it, the problem stops. Otherwise the only advice I can give you is to talk to a dermatologist. :( I hope you get it sorted out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have recently, but only a couple of days ago. I've had this before then. Maybe my skin got used to my previous skincare routine. I think I will go to the dermatologist, it's really affecting me now and I can't find anything to stop it! Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it very much, Martha ♥ x

      Delete
  4. As you've got exams, it might be worse because of stress so maybe stay away from trying any new products and use natural cleansers. You could even use coconut oil to take off make up for a little while. Also, cos you're so young (ah! jealous!) it could be hormonal - sometimes that happens in your early twenties. soooooo to summarise, probs you should go to a dermatologist to see if there's anything they can do so you don't have to suffer. Anyhoos, you're still beautiful with or without a wee little redness here and there : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Sarita <3 you're the best^^ Yeah I think a trip to the dermatologist is in order. I have stripped down my skincare routine though so I have followed your advice hehe^^ xx

      Delete
  5. hi.by chance I stumble upon your blog...I dont have face acne but I do suffer body acne and blackhead growing on my skin that leave me with ugly marks..I've tried antibacterial bodywash from :

    dettol pink with extra moisturizer-doesnt show much result
    lifebuoy green(with bettle leaf extract)-clear blemishes but drying my skin too much
    the body shop tea tree oil shower gel=very slow in showing result
    antabax pink-drying my skin

    I have tried johnson&johnson ph 5.5 shower cream,and even that cant heal my dry skin...

    at the moment I'm using an antibacterial shower gel from a local brand called aiken.it has tea tree oil and thymes.so far I can see my bacne has lessen.I will also purchase the neem shower cream from himalaya just to see how good it will work

    I hope you will not give up to find out the best product out there.Maybe try organic or traditional asian product?and also use honey as mask.I use it sometimes,it makes my skin glow and it clears out my nose(I had breathing problem caused by sinusitis)

    p/s:sorry for my long comment

    ReplyDelete