Sunday 13 April 2014

Skin Update #2 - Roaccutane/Accutane

Hey guys! Apologies for the massive break in blogging. Life took over and I would just like to leave the topic at that. :o)

I thought I would give you a little update on my skin since my last one back in September.

Since then, I've been on a couple of antibiotics, which didn't help me at all; and I decided to go back to the doctors and put my foot down and ask for something that was definitely meant to work, because I was absolutely sick of getting 99% of the side effects in each of the antibiotics prescribed to me.



Before I went in, I did my research, and found Roaccutane. I looked up all the side effects (and there are a whole LOT) and decided I would be able to handle most of these, at least the common ones anyway.

Roaccutane's side effects are so severe and it itself is so potent that it's used as a last resort, and it is EXTREMELY difficult for you to get on to it because of this. I didn't think I would be able to get onto it, from reading all the stories of the people of the internet.. from the videos I watched and the photos I saw, their acne seemed far worse than mine.

I remember sitting in the doctors office and telling her I am absolutely done with all these other treatments, and that none of them worked on my skin at all.

And just as I had almost gathered up the courage to ask her about Roaccutane, she turned to her computer and said 'I think it's time to refer you to a dermatologist. I think it's time for you to go on this drug called Roaccutane..'

And that was that. I've been on it for just over 4 months now, and I've experienced quite a few of the side effects that come with it, but my skin has definitely, vastly improved because of it.

Now and again I will post a review or a recommendation of a product that I have tried and tested that helps to combat the side effects I have experienced with Roaccutane, and if you have any questions about the drug itself or would like more details about the whole process of getting on Roaccutane, please drop a comment below and I will see if I can make a detailed blog post about it (^__^)

Till next time, stay awesome guys! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment