Sunday 2 June 2013

Sample Sundays: L'occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream

Woo I am finally slowly getting through my little stash of samples! Can I get a woop woop? ;D I decided I should switch up my body butter choice for a bit (I love my papaya body butter but sometimes you just need a change!) so I looked through my little box of neglected samples and came across this^^

L'occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream Review

I think I got this when I bought some hand cream from L'occitane and they gave a couple of free samples with it. So generous (^__^)

Let's see what the website says~

'The Ultra Rich Body Cream is a complete body care treatment for dry to very dry skin. Exceptionally concentrated in shea butter (25%), it intensely nourishes and protects the skin and helps to restore the hydrolipidic film. Enriched with moisturising extracts (linseed, marshmallow, sweet almond and honey) and softening apricot oil, it durably hydrates for 24 hours and makes skin soft and supple.'

L'occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream Review

I don't know why I'm showing you the back of the packaging. but there it is. :P Also the writing in the middle is Japanese if anyone is wondering.. not Korean xD Yeyuh for being able to tell the difference between Chinese, Japanese, and Korean writing! (^________^)

Anyhoo. The cream is of a really nice, not-too-thick but not-too-soft consistency (technical terms. Ahem.). It absorbs into the skin quite easily unlike some other rich body creams I've tried. The scent is faint and doesn't really linger, so this could be one for those that don't really care for scents in their body products. ;D

I'd say that the website's description of the cream is pretty darn accurate. I used it on the more drier patches on my body, e.g. my elbows, knees and hands (I have incredibly dry hands) and it really did leave my skin soft and supple. My skin stayed moisturised all day, which is saying something because I wash my hands about twenty times a day (I have a bit of a germ phobia..).

L'occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream Review


I think it was probably because of the perfect combination of moisturising ingredients in this - 25% shea butter (that's A LOT), linseed (aka Flaxseed,  rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids), marshmallow (hydrating, moisturizing AND anti-inflammatory), sweet almond oil (more of an emollient than a moisturiser; it softens the skin rather than hydrates it, so acts more as a humectant and prevents loss of moisture from the skin) and honey (absorbs and retains moisture).

I'm really glad I got and used this sample, because now I know that when I run out of my usual hand cream, I know which range to buy from L'occitane. Woohoo for shea butter!

I'd definitely recommend this body cream if you have incredibly dry skin - if your skin is as dry as my hands' is, then this is DEFINITELY for you! It costs £29 from the L'occitane website, but you can get it for a couple of quid cheaper from ASOS for £27 (^__^)

Disclaimer: Free sample I got with a purchase. But you'd already know that if you read the post hehe. (>.<)

5 comments:

  1. I'll definitely check this out in L'occitane shop here in the Philippines! I hope it's not soooooooo expensive! Hihi. :D I have a dry skin and currently I'm hunting for a body lotion/cream/butter! Thank you for this great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh philippines! No problem, I hope you find it and it works for you ^^ xx

      Delete
  2. I like body creams, especially those with not so pleasant smell XD
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete